Saturday 12 September 2009

Last weeks miles.

Monday: 5 miles to work, 5 miles back - however, when I got there I had a bit of time on my hands so did a mile on the treadmill in the gym at work. First time on there for a couple of months, the running was harder work than any of the subsequent cycling.
Tuesday: 10 miles to work, 4 miles back.
Wednesday: 10 miles to work, 3 miles back
Thursday: 10 miles to work, 10 miles back. Been a while since I've done the long route there and back, felt fine, some of the uphill bits hurt but that's to be expected.
Friday: New route to work, probably about 12 miles, almost got lost but had packed the A-Z. 5 miles back.

Total for the week 74 miles (plus I ran 1 mile!!) Not a bad start, plus the new route is easy to extend to around 15 miles, just means being more organised in a morning so I can do it and not be late for work. If I can regularly do 20 miles a day just on my commute thats 100 a week, and then I can think about a big one every other weekend, and build the mileages up steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment