Monday 11 January 2010

Another week, another workout.

Roads still too risky to chance anything other than the direct 3.5 mile route to work, plus I'm on the early shift this week - 8am - 4pm, hardly the earliest of shifts, but earlier than the usual 9-5 so technically it is the early shift, OK? :-), but that means darkness on the way, so no point taking any unnecessary risks, especially as I have access to the gym.

Popped in for 15 minutes this morning, and managed a 1 mile run on the treadmill in 10 minutes (1.83 km actually, but I'm not going to brag about that extra 0.13 of a mile), then popped in again after work and did another 3 circuits on the weights, but slightly modified the routine again.

First circuit, weights on level 5, 20 reps.
variety of Ab excercises & flexibility excercises
1 mile on the bike, level 14, minimum 100 RPM

Second set as above, but weights dropped to level 4 and 30 reps.

Third and final set the weights were dropped to level 3 and I did 50 reps, no bike this time - apart from the 3.5 mile ride home of course, which I managed to do at a pretty high RPM again, which surprised me.

I'm organized this evening, so in the morning I can make a quick getaway, and hopefully have a minimum 30 minutes on the excercise bike tomorrow morning, and again after work. That's the plan anyway.

Oh, failed in my first ever ebay bid yesterday, I was after a cheap mountain bike to see me through the bad weather, but was gazumped at the last second. Will keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment