Wednesday 7 April 2010

What are the odds?

Been cycling to the new job on the new bike for nearly 4 weeks without tools or a puncture repair kit. Got both for my birthday 3 days ago and lo and behold I get a puncture on the way to work this morning. Fortunately I remembered to pack them in my rucksack, would have been bloody annoying if I'd left them at home.

Talking of rucksacks, I no longer need mine. Ordered my panniers Sunday night from an online store, saving £12 off the shop price, and they turned up today. I have adjusted the fittings so will be using them from tomorrow. No more sweaty, spotty back hopefully. And always plenty of room for my lunch, shirt, towel, book, waterproofs etc etc. To be honest more room than I need for my daily commute, but I will need them eventually, and the rucksack does have unpleasant side effects in terms of spots, and I'd like to be spot free by the time we go to Turkey on holiday in July. I am so looking forward to that, I don't want to be self conscious about taking my shirt off, as I know it's going to be really really hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment