Wednesday 31 March 2010

Time to start blogging again.

Well what can I say, these past few weeks have been a mixture of frustration, disappointment, desperation and finally some joy.

For reasons I can't go into (I've already been reminded my previous contract included a confidentiality clause, how very 007) I found myself looking for a new job. So after 8 weeks of indecision and upheaval I was available for hire. Fortunately, fate was on my side this time, and after 2 days looking at various online recruitment sites, and updating of CV's etc, a great opportunity fell in my lap, I was interviewd on day 3 (Wednesday), offered the job the same afternoon and started the following Monday. That was almost 3 weeks ago now, and I'm really enjoying it. The commute on the bike is slightly longer, but I rarely took the direct route to the old place anyway, the people seem really nice - friendly, down to earth and enjoy a laugh.

One upshot is that I will need to reassess my charity ride - the route has definitely got to change, I can't see the point of visiting places where I used to work, and the date will have to change too - late April is unrealistic given I've only been riding regularly again for 3 weeks. No definite decisions yet though.

And that is it for now. Need to keep something back for tomorrows blog don't I?

2 comments:

  1. Glad the bad times have been turned around. Good to see the pedalling is still there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate - you know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!

    ReplyDelete